- 1 1. Embrace the Beauty of Nature with Organic Materials
- 1.1 2. Make a Statement with Bold Colors
- 1.2 3. Mix and Match Textures for Visual Interest
- 1.3 4. Create an Outdoor Oasis with Thoughtful Landscaping
- 1.4 5. Emphasize Sustainability with Energy-Efficient Features
- 1.5 6. Incorporate Modern Technology for Added Convenience
- 1.6 7. Go Big with Oversized Windows and Doors
- 1.7 8. Ditch the Traditional Roof for a Green Roof
- 1.8 9. Create a Cozy Outdoor Living Space
- 1.9 10. Pay Attention to the Details
1. Embrace the Beauty of Nature with Organic Materials
Gone are the days when homeowners preferred synthetic materials for their exteriors. In 2017, there is a growing trend of using organic materials such as stone, wood, and bamboo to create a harmonious connection between the home and its natural surroundings. Incorporating these elements in your exterior design not only adds a touch of elegance but also promotes sustainability.
2. Make a Statement with Bold Colors
Neutral shades are no longer the go-to option for exterior home designs. This year, homeowners are opting for bold and vibrant colors to make their homes stand out from the rest. Whether it’s a bright red front door or a striking blue accent wall, adding a pop of color can instantly transform your home’s curb appeal and create a lasting impression.
3. Mix and Match Textures for Visual Interest
Combining different textures is a great way to add depth and visual interest to your exterior design. Mixing materials like brick, stucco, and siding can create a dynamic and eye-catching look. Experiment with different combinations to find the perfect balance that suits your personal style and complements the architectural features of your home.
4. Create an Outdoor Oasis with Thoughtful Landscaping
Your home’s exterior design extends beyond the walls of the house. Consider incorporating thoughtful landscaping elements to create an outdoor oasis. From lush gardens to inviting pathways, the right landscaping can enhance the overall aesthetic appeal of your home and create a serene and welcoming environment.
5. Emphasize Sustainability with Energy-Efficient Features
In 2017, sustainability is a key factor in exterior home design. Homeowners are increasingly opting for energy-efficient features such as solar panels, green roofs, and rainwater harvesting systems. These eco-friendly elements not only reduce your carbon footprint but also help you save on energy costs in the long run.
6. Incorporate Modern Technology for Added Convenience
The integration of technology in exterior design is gaining popularity. From smart lighting systems to automated sprinklers, incorporating modern technology can enhance the functionality and convenience of your outdoor space. Imagine controlling your entire outdoor lighting system with just a few taps on your smartphone!
7. Go Big with Oversized Windows and Doors
Large windows and doors not only allow ample natural light to enter your home but also create a seamless transition between indoor and outdoor spaces. In 2017, oversized windows and doors are all the rage, as they provide stunning views of the surrounding landscape while adding a touch of modernity to your home’s exterior.
8. Ditch the Traditional Roof for a Green Roof
Green roofs are becoming increasingly popular as a way to incorporate greenery into urban environments. They not only provide insulation but also help reduce stormwater runoff and improve air quality. Plus, green roofs can be a beautiful and unique addition to your home’s exterior design.
9. Create a Cozy Outdoor Living Space
Extend your living space to the outdoors by creating a cozy outdoor living area. Whether it’s a covered patio, a pergola, or a fire pit, having a dedicated outdoor space allows you to enjoy the beauty of nature while still enjoying the comforts of home. Add some comfortable furniture and you’ll have the perfect spot for relaxation and entertaining.
10. Pay Attention to the Details
Lastly, don’t forget about the details. Small touches like decorative trim, unique mailbox designs, and stylish exterior lighting can elevate the overall look of your home. Paying attention to these little details can make a big difference and add a sense of personality to your exterior design.